With the 2014 AIDA Cyprus / OFEK Pool Games 10 days away we include in this post all the information regarding the games and all you should know about attending.
First off we would like to announce to all that we have partnered up with Mercury Divers Co. Ltd this year which will be our main event sponsor and we would like to thank them for their support. Mercury Divers Co. Ltd will be represented at the event in order to inform the participants of their exciting new products such as the new range of Suunto D4I for diving and other products. For further information please contact Mercury Divers Co. Ltd.
Furthermore we are proud to announce that Garmin Cyprus will be sponsoring our Static Apnea event and will be represented at our event in order to inform you about their exciting new products such as the Garmin Virb which is a new action camera for your underwater adventures. For further information please contact C.A.Petrides Ltd.
Information for Athletes
If you are participating at the AIDA Cyprus – O.F.E.K. Pool Games 2014 and you are an athlete you should be aware of the following information and key dates.
The venue is the Totalfit Centre which is at 1 Nietzsche Str. Larnaca Cyprus. An interactive map is provided below
As previously announced we will have the three main pool disciplines:
- Dynamic With Fins (DYN)
- Dynamic Without Fins (DNF)
- Static Apnea (STA)
In addition to the above main disciplines this year a 4 person relay (σκυταλοδρομία) event will be organized after the completion of the above three disciplines. The relay (σκυταλοδρομία) will consider 4 x 25 dynamic dives with bi-fins/monofin. Each team will consist of 4 athletes who must register by the 10.04.2014 by providing the team name and the name of the athletes. The winner of the event will be the team to complete the the distance in the soonest time further information will be made available at a latter time.
In the 2014 AIDA Cyprus / OFEK Pool Games the following categories will apply and the winners of each category will be the first three:
- Under 18s
An entry fee of 20 Euros per athlete will apply for all the disciplines and the relay (σκυταλοδρομία) event. All athletes participating at the event must have paid the entry fee and have a valid receipt available along with providing the documents to be submitted.
Documents to be submitted
The event will follow the AIDA regulation Version 12. You may download the AIDA regulations by clicking on the tap below. We have also put together guidelines for newcomers in the Greek language outlining the main rules and regulations of the AIDA regulations for your ease of reference. Each athlete participating at the event is required to complete and deliver to the secretary of the event on the day of the event (13.04.2014):
- The AIDA International Medical Statement
- Waiver and Exemption Form (Greek Language)
- Registration Application (Greek and English)
All athletes are required to deliver to AIDA CYPRUS or O.F.E.K representatives their Registration Application (Greek and English) in hard copy or electronic form by the 10.04.2014, while at the same time The AIDA International Medical Statement and the Waiver and Exemption Form (Greek Language) can be collected at the briefing or at the secretary of the event.
The Registration Application (Greek and English) must be sent electronically to the email address email@example.com or submitted online by following this link
Official time of performance (Official TOP) will be announced on Saturday the 12th of April 2014 via the website of AIDA Cyprus and then channeled through Facebook, Twitter and other online sources. You may also subscribe to receive the Official TOP directly to your email.
Information on the exact date, time and location of the briefing will be announced in a separate publication via the website of AIDA Cyprus and then channeled through Facebook, Twitter and other online sources. You may also subscribe to receive the Official TOP directly to your email.
- [button link=”http://aidacyprus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/aida-regulations-v12-1.pdf” color=”lightblue” newwindow=”yes”] AIDA REGULATION V12[/button]
- [button link=”http://aidacyprus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/ΚΑΝΟΝΙΣΜΟΙ-ΣΗΜΕΙΩΣΕΙΣ-FINAL.pdf” color=”lightblue” newwindow=”yes”] Guidelines for newcomers in the Greek language [/button]
- [button link=”http://aidacyprus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AIDA+International+medical+statement-1.pdf” color=”red” newwindow=”yes”] AIDA International Medical Statement[/button]
- [button link=”http://aidacyprus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FINAL-ΔΗΛΩΣΗ-ΑΠΑΛΛΑΓΗΣ-ΕΥΘΥΝΗΣ-AIDA-OFEK-2014.pdf” color=”red” newwindow=”yes”] Waiver and Exemption Form (Greek Language)[/button]
- [button link=”http://aidacyprus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/ΑΙΤΗΣΗ-ΣΥΜΜΕΤΟΧΗΣ-AIDA-CYPRUS-OFEK-Pool-2014.doc” color=”orange”] Registration Application[/button]
We look forward to welcoming you to our event
Main Event Sponsor